My sister has been on claim with waiver of premium for some time and is unable to care for herself. Senior Health Insurance Company of Pennsylvania reinstated her premium four months ago and won’t respond to a letter from her doctor as to why. She has an unlimited benefit period. What recourse do we have? S.W. 033017

YES, you definitely need to take action! The first thing is to file a complaint with the Policyholder Service division of the insurance dept in your sister’s state. You can find it here

If that doesn’t work, then go to an elder law attorney, Here are two sites: and Hope this helps. There’s no reason her premium should not continue to be waived.

Posted in: Consumer